Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Remember "This is not a race" Part 1

What a month April has been.  It has seen two of my target events for the year come and go, both were fantastic rides and experiences.


First up was the Scotton100, organised by YorkCycleworks.  This is (I think) the ninth time that I have ridden his event and I have been wanting a PB time for the last couple of years.  Last year saw me puncture and sealant failure in my tyres brought about by insufficient topping up.

This year I rode off in the second group as always, working hard in the opening miles.  As the route hit the hills around Burnt Yates I struggled a little to keep with the lead group but got back on when we hit off-road sections.  The group worked well for what seemed ages and then I moved forward on a long off-road section near Dishforth.  Working with a rider dropped from group 1 the going was tough in the winds east of the A1 and we were caught by a few other riders.

The good weather and hard work preparing for this ride ensured that I finished under my target time of 3:30, finishing in 3:28.

This will always be one of my favourite events each year.  I have no idea why, it is just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment