Tuesday, September 27, 2011

#3peaks Results and Analysis

The results are in from 3 peaks.  Nice picture at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfleming/6181362333/.  Those interested in the results I was rider number 515.

As this was my first 3 Peaks I look at it as a learning experience.  At each checkpoint I made plenty of places but the nature of the largely singletrack and rocky terrain means that overtaking is very difficult without suicidal bike wrecking manouvres.  I now understand the reason why the speed from the off was never much below 28mph until the base of Ingleborough.  If you get to Ingleborough in top 100 you will finish in top 100, if you get there about 450th you will not get into top 100!

Bike setup was as good as I could have made it.  I should have jumped up and down on the saddle to ensure it was bolted on tightly enough - noted.  Sorry to Shimano but my Tiagra g/set is going, each time I went for brakes the levers sideways movement made grasping them with muddy fingers very difficult.  Sram it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment