Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kielder 100 Bailed

Well I went, it rained, I still rode. Rode until my bike simply stopped working, my poor, poor Yeti is well busted.  I managed to go through 2 sets of new brake pads, the front mech will not drop down chain rings without a good kick and the rear mech gear selection is a random process.  By 50 miles having ridden straight off the course several times at the bottom of hills I decided that retirement was the safest option.  Added to this was a lack of vision as my glasses were so covered in muck and I had no part of me or my clothes that could clean them, taking them off simply allowed grit into contact lens eyes.

On the plus side my legs felt great, I had the riding in me to complete (I think), next year with more brake pads and gore gear cables.

Oh found out that only 177 finishers out of 800 odd entries, makes me feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment