Friday, September 23, 2011

My bike is ready but am I?

Today is Friday, on Sunday I am riding the @3 peaks Cyclocross race, look for me in the @yorkcycleworks kit.  It is widely regarded as one of the most demanding one-day cycle events in the world.  I've spent hours this week checking and rechecking my bike.  I am proud to have managed to put a 32 tooth cassette on the back with my 105 rear mech.  (Thanks Sheldonbrown.com) by reversing the B tension screw.  I have even cleaned the bike and made it shiny!

I, on the otherhand, am not really ready for the demands, I feel bit poorly really and have rested (in terms of training) all week, last week I did very little as well.  I am afraid that work tiredness has caught me out at the worst time.  Ah well, little can be done.

Good luck to all competitors on Sunday, I look forward to the photos.

3 comments:

  1. Good read! You got me by about 10 mins, I remember the jersey though.

    Am I reading that right - putting the B tension screw in backwards to push the mech further out? I used a 32 cassette and a 105 mech. It was fine, but a tad noisier than it should have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn the screw upside down pushes mech out further and gives better base to stop any sliding off the drop out

    ReplyDelete